Hello everyone! To our American readers…are you as excited for Thanksgiving as we are??! Alyssa and Rachel each got to come home one day early due to their college classes being canceled Wednesday. This is especially awesome as we are expecting another snow storm. So we can be safe and cozy and do more holiday baking. Our family has a lifetime of memories baking and cooking together, especially with our tradition of hosting our own Shefveland Chef cook-offs (I always get to be a judge!!). See our eldest daughter Alyssa’s creative food blog for ideas on how to host your own (plus other interesting foodie stuff from a budding dietician)!
Now…time for another digital how-to…thought it would be fitting to share how we used our new Pieces of Me Papers for some easy yet elegant blends. Similar to our Photo Art Blend techniques, but for these I liked to show off the beautiful machine quilting designs.
Here’s how I created my Sea & Sky layout:
- Open Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (Paint Shop Pro has similar steps).
- Open Pieces of Me Paper
- Open Click.Mask clipping mask
- Open Photo
- Drag mask and photo onto paper
- Position and size as desired on paper
- Adjust color of mask to white or coordinating color of paper (Ctrl-U and slide Lightness to 100 for white)
- If needed move photo layer above mask layer
- Clip photo to mask (see clipping mask tutorial here) using Layer>Group with Previous or Ctrl-G (Mac Cmd-G).
- To blend image into paper you need to adjust the blend modes of both the mask and the photo. I set the mask to Hard Light and image to Multiply. This will likely be different on every layout.
- Print and frame if desired. I really like ScrapbookPictures.com for large prints.
See layout details here for all the beautiful team layouts below.
Watch your e-mail Wednesday morning for our 8th annual Before, During, After Thanksgiving Sale! It’s always our biggest sale of the year and our way of thanking you!