michelle shefveland. supplies here
FYI…our cell phone photo re-do tutorial will be up on the blog by 3:00 pm CT today!
Oh the wonders of a spring break getaway! Kris and I were fortunate to make a quick trip to the Florida Gulf a reality a few weeks ago. Oh, we are a spontaneous pair and it works well for us. 🙂 Thanks to Rachel for taking care of Philip and our pup, Toby!
This inspired a rush of creative juices for all things tropical, as well as to document our fabulous trip. There is just something magical about palm trees, white sand beaches, and blue green water!
michelle shefveland. scrap.templates 30
The team and I share some vacation creations with you today, but first I promised earlier in the week to share some more photography from our trip. Here are some faves (click on any thumbnail to open lightbox viewer – then use arrow keys to scroll through them). These were shot either with my cell phone (My Touch 4G), Lumix point and shoot, or Canon 7d.
Some creative ideas for photos while on vacation:
- Packing, at the airport, in the plane, or road-tripping in your vehicle (we had to fly around a storm and caught some very interesting cloud formations)
- Sights out your window where you are staying
- Unique food you eat that is local to the area (cell phone cameras are so inconspicuous!)
- Local floral and greenery from varying points of view (macro lenses are ideal to get close and personal with lots of beautiful bokeh in the background)
- Activities you do (point and shoots are great as many slip in your pocket – when we went kayaking we brought a zip-loc bag , shot the images quickly and then sealed the camera in the dry storage compartment)
- Self-portraits of you with your family (a telescoping extender like the xshot is perfect for this!)
- Landscapes at different times of day and varying points of view
- The weather on your cell phone (if you’re somewhere much warmer than home, show both locations!)
- Animals in their natural habitat (we saw this armadillo on the side of the road but never saw any alligators)
- Just hanging around relaxing (as this will help you remember what a respite it was for you!)
For me, it’s these types of shots that really capture the emotions of a trip helping me relive the memories each time I see them.
And finally our beautiful team’s digital art creations. See credits and supplies in our team inspiration gallery here.
Happy creating! Michelle