michelle shefveland. Love Fresco Papers, Letting Go Pak, Simply Love 2 Scrap.Words
Stopping in for a creative edition of our Click.Mask blending how-to’s as our newest set, Click.Masks 24 – Love Fresco, has even more possibilities and we wanted to explore those with you.
Love Fresco Papers, Click.Masks 24
Note: our newsletter went out on Sunday afternoon. Check your e-mail for new ideas, products, quick tip, two-day sale, and additional subscriber coupon code.
Not signed up yet? Free sign-up here.
Here’s how in Adobe Photoshop Elements. Adobe Photoshop and Corel Paint Shop Pro would follow similar steps.
- To begin we opened up a favorite paper, 07 Love Fresco.
- The three elements we’ll be blending on this layout are the bead spray from Letting Go, Heart Bokeh Click.Mask, and little photo of our puppy. Open and position onto paper.
- The Click.Masks in this set are black. To assist in the blending process, let’s change the color to white by pressing Ctrl-U (Mac: Cmd-U) and setting the Lightness to 100. Click OK.
- Open a paper to clip to the mask. We chose a creamy painted paper from Art Journal Fresco Papers. Position over the mask.
- Clip to the mask using the shortcut Ctrl-G on the paper layer (Mac: Cmd-G). Set the layer blend mode of the white mask to Overlay. Note: for a more detailed tutorial on using Click.Masks see our first in the series here.
- Repeat for Bead Spray using a duplicate layer of the red paper clipped to the beads. Set the layer blend mode of the paper layer to Color Dodge at 80% opacity.
- Now for blending the puppy into the lower left painted region of the paper. Use a soft eraser brush to erase the background of the photo.
- Duplicate the puppy photo layer (Layer>Duplicate Layer).
- Set the bottom puppy photo layer to Soft Light. Top layer to Normal at 50% opacity. Your settings will vary depending on the photo.
- Finish layout with main focal photo, layered vintage frame, tag, and date.
michelle shefveland. Love Fresco 3 Papers, Love Blooms Pak
An opposing technique is to blend a shape into a paper beneath it. For the layout above I blended the word art and decorative border strip into the Love Fresco paper, both using Color Burn blend mode. So easy and so many options!
tonya regular. supplies here.
Tonya used two other Love Fresco masks to clip her image as well as create a synchronous design accent. The focal photo used a simple clip on Normal blend mode. The script heart was blended using Multiply blend mode at 70% opacity.
beth ervin. supplies here.
Beth blended many clipped Click.Masks and Love Fresco papers using Overlay blend mode in her dreamy vintage piece.
Happy blending! Michelle